Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update: Experimental Cornbread

As previously stated in this post, I'm always fiddling around with a particular recipe for cornbread. Last weekend when I made Renaissance Meatloaf for Linda & Bruce, I also made a pan of experimental cornbread. I was running short on butter, so I substituted 1/4 c of Oilerie lemon olive oil for 1/4 c butter. The flavor was great, but the cornbread was underdone in the middle.

What I didn't know at the time was that the proper substitution for 1/4 c butter was 3 T of olive oil. So this weekend I tried a batch with 3T olive oil.

Have you caught my mistake?

Yeah, the recipe calls for 1/2 c butter! But you know, the darned cornbread turned out great anyway. I'm definitely going to have to keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment