Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Jennifer's Week Thirty-Three Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

I felt that it was time again for a slow cooker recipe and Rainbow had chicken breasts on sale, so I scoured the interwebs and found a recipe that met three criteria: 1. made in the slow cooker 2. used chicken breasts 3. My guys would eat it. And I found one! I doctored it a bit to kind of sort of make it my own.


Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed

1/8 cup margarine

1 (.7oz) package dry Italian salad dressing mix

1 (8oz) package cream cheese

1 (10.75) can condensed cream of chicken soup

2 healthy dollops sour cream

A nice sprinkling of paprika

Cooked egg noodles for serving




Put the chicken, salad dressing mix and margarine in the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

Add the rest of the ingredients (sans egg noodles) and mix well, cooking on high for another 30 minutes until heated through. Serve with egg noodles.


Would I make this again? Yes, the men loved it. However, I think I would reduce the amount of salad dressing mix by half. For me, it was a bit overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment