Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tricia's Week 32 Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Salad

I love to eat spicy food, especially anything with buffalo sauce on it.  I eat buffalo chicken salad at restaurants, so I thought to myself, it can't be that hard to make at home.  Right?

Buffalo Chicken Salad 
6 small chicken strips/nuggets
Franks Buffalo Sauce
your favorite greens
1 carrot
2 stalks celery
1 radish (optional)
Lite Ranch Dressing (or 'real', you choose)

Coat strips/nuggets in sauce, cook according to package directions (mine said 375 for 18ish minutes, I went a bit longer b/c of the sauce).  Meanwhile, clean greens, celery, carrot and radish, and chop all in salad fashion.  For me this means 1/2 inch pieces.  Place greens and veg into a bowl.  When strips are done, cut into bite size pieces and place on salad.  drizzle salad with more Franks sauce, and serve w/ ranch dressing on the side.

I will be making this again, whee - loved it!  I think I will dunk the nuggets/strips after cooking, because they didn't crisp up this way, but other than that the salad was a winner.  One could also be healthier and cook a chicken breast and then coat in the Franks sauce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment