Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Jennifer's Week Thirty-Two BONUS Recipe: Savory Chicken Breasts

Last night, while scrounging for ingredients for my dinner, I came across several freezer bags containing chicken breasts. So today I was determined to either find a recipe or make one up without having to purchase anything from the store - and I was successful! Thanks to allrecipes.com


Savory Chicken Breasts

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 pan. Season with black pepper to taste and top each breast to a slice of cheese.

3. Mix together the soup and the milk and pour it over the chicken. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and drizzle with the melted butter. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Would I make this again? I think I have to. Chad's comment "Where did you get this recipe? Meatcheeseandbread.com? My three favorite things in one dish!" Very comfort food-like. I think I may wait until the weather cools before I make it again

No comments:

Post a Comment