Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jennifer's Week Thirty Recipe: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

My brother-in-law was kind enough to watch Loki while Chad and I ventured to the North Shore for a few days and I decided to thank him by making him some cookies that he could munch on while he played his video games and talked to his girlfriend. I figured it was also a good time to try out a new recipe. My pantry had someone acquired many bags of chocolate chips, so in an effort to use some of them, I made these.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (I used macadamia nuts)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.


These cookies were Joe, Chad and Erik approved. Also, it has been 5 days since I made them and they are still soft. Very yummy and will be made again sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment