Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Jennifer's Week Thirty-Four Recipe: Dr. Theophilus's Doctored Devil's Food Cake

Someone made a comment to me that there was not enough chocolate on the blog. So, I decided to help fix that issue. The name of the original recipe was "Too Much Chocolate Cake". A voice in my head said "There is no such thing!" So, I changed the name.



Dr. Theophilus's Doctored Devil's Food Cake


1 (18.25oz) package of Devil's Food Cake mix

1 (5.70z) package of instant chocolate pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup warm water

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I just dumped a bag in. I figured it was close!)


Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12 cup (or larger) Bundt pan

In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs and water. When well combined, stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the Bundt pan.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake thoroughly in the pan for an hour to an hour and a half (or 3 hours, because you got busy with other things and forgot about the cake despite how good your house smelled) before inverting it onto a plate. If desired, top with powdered sugar (or a chocolate glaze)



I think Dr. Theophilus would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment