Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tricia's Week 30 Recipe: Fruit Smoothies

Lately my neighborhood grocer has been offering fruits at buy one, get one free.  This is great, until you can't eat them all and they start to become smooshy!  The solution, a fruit smoothie. This may be cheating slightly, since I have made smoothies in the past, but never have they included raspberries or frozen yogurt.

Cut up and place in blender:
1 banana
10-15 strawberries (add as many as you have left in your container)
Add:
1/2 pint raspberries
1-4 to 1-2 cup lemonade
Blend.  Total blended fruit content should be about 2 cups.

Add to this enough fat free frozen yogurt (vanilla in this case) to make 4 cups blended smoothie.  Blend until smooth.

Pour into two glasses and share with a friend!

Would I make this again, yup!  And I did.  I ran out of banana but had strawberries and raspberries left.  (Update: Plain cantaloupe and frozen yogurt is good too!) If I decide to try smoothie with a cantaloupe and lime I will let you know. It sounds refreshing in my mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment