Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Chris's Week Twenty Recipe: Banana-Yogurt Fruit Salad Dressing

I've been experimenting on my parents a lot this week.... Culinarily! What do you readers think of me?!?

Mom & Dad were over on Sunday for a belated Mother's Day brunch. I served spicy Italian sausage & mushroom quiche, banana-nut muffins, and a fruit salad. Somewhere... and I'm sorry, I don't remember where... I saw a recipe for a yogurt fruit salad dressing made with lemon juice and a ripe banana. I simplified the recipe and wound up making two batches to go over a mix of red grapes, Granny Smith apples, and canteloupe. One batch used strawberry yogurt and the other lemon yogurt. My parents very willingly sampled both to give their feedback to the blog!

Banana-Yogurt Fruit Salad Dressing

1 ripe banana
1/2 cup flavored yogurt

Chunk up the banana and whir the ingredients in your blender until smooth & creamy. Chill and pour over your favorite blend of fruit!

Would I make this recipe again? Yes! Tasty and easy.... Mom & Dad both like the strawberry better, but I thought that the lemon was just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment