Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chris's BONUS Week Twenty-One Recipe: Not a Tame Cookie

For some reason, the phrase "He's not a tame lion" has been rolling through my head today, and when I started tweaking a recipe from my beloved 1950 Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook the name for these cookies was evident.

Not a Tame Cookie

Mix thoroughly:

1/2 c vegetable shortening
1-1/4 c turbinado sugar
2 eggs
6 T dark molasses

Sift together:

1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c spelt flout
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon

and add to the molasses mixture. Stir in:

2 c rolled oats
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c raisins (make it a generous 1/2 cup!)

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes.

Would I make this recipe again? Er... no! It's terrible! You don't want any of these cookies. These are not the droids you're looking for....

Seriously, if I say so myself, these are pretty darned good cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment