Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Jennifer's Week Seventeen Recipe: Quick and Easy Chicken Spaghetti

Found on allrecipes.com. Again.


Ingredients

  • 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta (I used an entire 16 ounce package)
  • 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, cubed (i.e. Velveeta)
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I used 3 breasts)
  • 1/2 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (I doubled this)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and return to pot.
  2. To the pasta add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream of chicken soup, processed cheese, chopped chicken, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.


Would I make this again? Sure. It was much heavier than I thought it would be and Chad remarked that it was probably the heaviest dish I made in a very long time. Erik liked the "cheesy chicken".

No comments:

Post a Comment