Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Tricia's Week 38 Recipe: Apple Coleslaw

Apple Coleslaw is delicious.  For those of you who do not like mayo, you could try making citrusy vinaigrette.  Recipe courtesy of Spark Recipes:

3/4 cup Miracle Whip Light Dressing (I used Light Mayo, because I had that)
1 Tbs honey
1 pkg (16 oz) Coleslaw Blend
2 Apples (I used one Honeycrisp and one Granny Smith)

Find big bowl with lid.  Pour Blend into bowl.  Mix in small bowl mayo and honey til well blended, and pour over Blend and stir well.  Wash apples, use apple corer to make slices.  Cut into bite sized pieces, leaving skins on. Add apples to mix and stir as you cut them so they don't turn colors.  Let sit one hour. Devour.

I would definitely make this again.  I might even do 1 apple, a few extra carrots and celery, and some cranberries, just for fun.  It was a good salad, the sweet apple + tart apple really did make it taste good.  It would be more 'authentic' if I shredded the cabbage...but we all know I don't have time for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment