Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Chris's Week Forty-Three Recipe: Leftover Pork Loin Chili

My dad grilled up a couple pork loins before he tucked away the grill for the winter, and Mom gave me a small hunk 'for hash or something'. Sounded like an opportunity for a new recipe to me! And since I had these three roasted jalapeños, I created the following recipe:

Leftover Pork Loin Chili

Sautee:

1/3 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced

Add:

3 roasted jalapeños, chopped
26 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
25 oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
4 oz (or as much as you want!) pulled or chopped leftover pork loin.

NB: use crushed tomatoes if you want a thicker chili, or perhaps add a can of tomato paste. Despite the roasted jalapeños this is not a spicy chili, so add chili powder if you want to kick it up a notch!

Would I make this recipe again? I would! It's a good use for leftover pork loin or any other leftover meat for that matter. And maybe some nice tempeh would be good, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment