Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Jennifer's Week Thirty-Eight Recipe: I Need To Use These Green Peppers Stir Fry

As the recipe says, I had peppers to use and needed to use them fast before they would be No Good. And I figured that stir-fry is always tasty and easy to make (even though I do not have a wok... yet!), so I came up with the following recipe.


1 lb chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 bunch broccoli florets
2 green peppers, sliced thin
1 can water chestnuts, drained of liquid
Low-sodium soy sauce
Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
Hoisin sauce
Garlic powder
Worcestershire sauce
Sesame oil
Peanut oil


Cut the chicken into thin strips and place in a zip bag. Pour in a mixture of soy, teriyaki, hoisin and Worcestershire to coat the chicken. Let marinade for 1/2 hour or longer.

Heat the peanut oil in wok or pan (enough to coat the pan nicely). When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Once the chicken mostly cooked, add the broccoli, peppers and water chestnuts. Add more oil if needed. When the vegetables are nearly done, add the sauces (soy, teriyaki and hoisin), sesame oil and garlic powder to taste.

Serve with rice or Asian noodles of your choice.


Would I make this again? Yes. Chad approved. Erik seems to be going through a phase that any new food I make is "yucky" and "makes me feel sick" but then promptly asks for dessert or more of a part of the meal (like the cantaloupe today) that he loves. Nope. Mama ain't playin' that game!

No comments:

Post a Comment