Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Guest Recipe from Linda: Blue Cheese Slaw

Linda sends us the following:

I have a new recipe for the blog. It is loosely based on the “Joy of Cooking” Roquefort Cole Slaw recipe.


1.5 cups shredded cabbage

1 cup apple – peeled, cored and sliced into small cabbage-y pieces

1 Tbsp lemon – to keep the apple from turning brown

Blue cheese dressing to coat (about ½ cup)

Freshly ground black pepper – to taste


Would I make this again? Yes, I would. In fact, I already did. The first batch was made Saturday evening. It was okay, but you couldn’t really taste the apples. So, since I had the other half of the small head of cabbage sitting in the fridge, I made a second batch for dinner Sunday. This time I used two apples instead of one, and I didn’t chop the apple up as small, I cut the apple in eights, then sliced it shortways (as opposed to lengthwise). Both diners agreed that the second batch was better.


Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment