Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Chris's BONUS Week Thirty-Nine Recipe: Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Mint & Sage

Once again, valiant young Erica B. agreed to come over and participate in one of my blog-induced culinary experiments. Her courage is enough to make a person weep!

Ok, so this is my second recipe for week thirty-nine and I could have spared Erica, but as it turns out, she's a big fan of parsnips. I wasn't actually sure whether I was or not. I'm sure I've had parsnips in some soup or another, but I don't recall every actually eating them on their own. When I saw a nice bunch at the farmer's market a couple weeks ago I couldn't resist. I did, however, add carrots to this recipe just in case....

Roasted Parsnips & Carrots with Mint & Sage

6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks
6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
2 T olive oil
2 T honey
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t kosher salt
ground black pepper
2 T chopped fresh mint
2 T chopped fresh sage

Whisk together the olive oil and honey. (This won't be a perfect mixture, but do what you can.) Place the parsnips and carrots in a large bowl, add the oil & honey mixture, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast in a 450F oven for 30 min. Put the veggies back into a mixing bowl, add the chopped mint & sage, and toss.

Would I make this recipe again? Yes! Erica and I polished off the lot and I wished I would have had some for leftovers. Come to think of it, I still have a few parsnips in the fridge....

No comments:

Post a Comment