Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jennifer's Week Forty Recipe: Banana Crumb Muffins

I am on pace again! Hooray!

So, I bought some bananas over the weekend with the hope that Erik and Chad would munch on them. They didn't touch them. Sigh. And when I bought them, they were quite yellow and now they have many brown spots. Well, I was not going to throw away 6 bananas. So, I used 3 of them for the following recipe. I may make banana bread with the other 3. I have not decided what to do with them yet.


Banana Crumb Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted (I used oil)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tbsp butter


Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with paper cups.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, egg, sugar and butter/oil. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in 1 Tbsp butter until it resembles course cornmeal. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

Makes 10-12 muffins. (I got 12)


Would I make them again? Well, I think I have an idea of what to make with the other 3 bananas. More muffins!


UPDATE: I made these muffins again and added cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg right into the muffins and they were even tastier. I have no idea how much of each, I just shook out/grated until it looked OK to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment