Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chris's Week Twenty-Two Recipe: Mediterranean Bean Salad

Summertime dishes are calling to me! I distinctly heard three-bean salad whispering my name last weekend, but I had no green beans or wax beans. Are we going to let a little thing like that stop us? No! Besides, this is the opportunity for a new blog recipe....

The following mixture is based very loosely on this recipe and would have had benefited from fresh parsley, but since my parsley's in the growing-up stage I used Penzey's Mural of Flavor spice blend. I'll add the parsley next time, but I'll definitely keep the Mural of Flavor!

Mediterranean Bean Salad

1-15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
1-15 oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
juice of one lemon
2 tomatoes - chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
1 t Penzey's Mural of Flavor
2 T balsamic vinegar

Mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours, stirring occasionally. (Wait until the next day and it's even better!)

Would I make this recipe again? I have a feeling it's going to become a summertime staple!

No comments:

Post a Comment