Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Update: Rhubarb Coffee Cake

I was up in Duluth last weekend to visit Linda and she very kindly made a pan of the rhubarb coffee cake recipe that she sent in some time ago. It reminded me very strongly of fruit cake because there was just enough batter to hold the rhubarb and pecans together.

Lest anyone think I'm kidding about Linda and her use of nutmeg, here is a short sample of the conversation from making the coffee cake.

Linda: Do you think I ought to put in some nutmeg.

Me (laughing): Sure!

Linda: How much?

Me: Maybe....

Linda dumps the rest of the container of nutmeg into the batter.

Linda: Never mind!

Linda swears there was only about a quarter of a teaspoon nutmeg left in that particular container. I'm not so sure....

1 comment:

  1. Nutmeg is a wonderful thing! Especially the freshly grated kind! I like Linda's way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete