Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chris's BONUS Week Twenty-Three Recipe: Fresh Strawberry Pie

As indicated in my previous post, we have a birthday club in the library and it was my turn to make treats for Carol who requested 'strawberries'. I found this recipe and used it almost verbatim:

Fresh Strawberry Pie

1 cup plus 3 pints fresh strawberries, divided
1 pastry shell
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c water
2 T cornstarch
2 T cold water

Mash 1 cup of the strawberries and arrange the rest in the pie shell. Bring the water and sugar to a boil. Mix up the cornstarch and cold water (I put them into a small sealed container and shake!) and slowly whisk into the sugar-water. Stir in the mashed strawberries. Cook & stir for another two minutes or until thickened. Pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Would I make this recipe again? Yep! I think most strawberry pies are overly-sweet, but this wasn't bad. And it did taste very fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment