Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Tricia's Week Two Recipe: Crock Pot BBQ ribs

I have a confession:  I don't make nearly enough use out of my Crock Pot!  I am always on the go during the week, too; you would think the Crock Pot would be my best friend, the staunchest of my allies.  It has not been, even though I own three (different sizes, mind).  That is about to change!  Though I have quite often made pot roast and chili in the Pot, and even ventured to make stuffing this past Thanksgiving, this was the first attempt at something other than the above.

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs Baby Back ribs (or in my case, because Cub had them on sale, 3.68 lbs boneless ribs)
  • 2.5 cups BBQ sauce (not mesquite)
  • 8 oz. Cherry preserves or jam
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • black pepper

Directions
  • Cut extra fat from ribs no matter what type you use.  
  • Rub black pepper on ribs (the recipe says 1 teaspoon, I just used my cracked-pepper mill until I was satisfied.  
  • Place ribs in Crock Pot (make sure crock pot is big enough, I tried using Middle sized, but it was too small.  My bigger one was Just Right!).  
  • Mix together BBQ sauce, cherry preserves and dijon mustard in medium bowl, then pour over ribs.
  • Cook on high 3-4 hrs or low 6-8 hours
Notes:
Measure out your BBQ sauce in a liquid measuring cup, rather than using oz. on side of container.  I ended up using up my honey chipotle Sweet Baby Rays (1/4 cup), a whole small bottle of Sweet baby Rays original (1.5ish cups), and the rest Jack Daniels Bourbon BBQ sauce.  Eclectic, but that is what I had.  I used cherry Preserves.

I will most definitely be making this again!  Yum!  I also have a lot of BBQ sauce left after I'm done eating my leftover ribs, so I think I'm going to go tonight and by a pork roast and make BBQ pulled pork to freeze w/ the leftover sauce.  I'd like to try it w/ bone-in ribs sometime, but I think the amount of sauce would go farther than just 2lbs of bone in ribs...

No comments:

Post a Comment