Crock Pot BBQ Ribs
- 2 lbs Baby Back ribs (or in my case, because Cub had them on sale, 3.68 lbs boneless ribs)
- 2.5 cups BBQ sauce (not mesquite)
- 8 oz. Cherry preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- black pepper
- Cut extra fat from ribs no matter what type you use.
- Rub black pepper on ribs (the recipe says 1 teaspoon, I just used my cracked-pepper mill until I was satisfied.
- Place ribs in Crock Pot (make sure crock pot is big enough, I tried using Middle sized, but it was too small. My bigger one was Just Right!).
- Mix together BBQ sauce, cherry preserves and dijon mustard in medium bowl, then pour over ribs.
- Cook on high 3-4 hrs or low 6-8 hours
Measure out your BBQ sauce in a liquid measuring cup, rather than using oz. on side of container. I ended up using up my honey chipotle Sweet Baby Rays (1/4 cup), a whole small bottle of Sweet baby Rays original (1.5ish cups), and the rest Jack Daniels Bourbon BBQ sauce. Eclectic, but that is what I had. I used cherry Preserves.
I will most definitely be making this again! Yum! I also have a lot of BBQ sauce left after I'm done eating my leftover ribs, so I think I'm going to go tonight and by a pork roast and make BBQ pulled pork to freeze w/ the leftover sauce. I'd like to try it w/ bone-in ribs sometime, but I think the amount of sauce would go farther than just 2lbs of bone in ribs...