Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tricia's Week 16 Recipe: Pizza Pasta Salad (working on a name)

I had some leftover noodles from a batch of spaghetti earlier this week. I also had a few pepperoni, but not enough for a pizza, mozzarella cheese, and ham (pretend it was Canadian bacon).  I thought I had olives, but alas, they had given up the ghost!   I asked Trev to grab a green bell pepper on his way home from work, and a recipe idea was born! 


Pizza Pasta Salad - I need a better name for this!


Ingredients
Pasta - I used two kinds of squiggly pastas, probably totalling 2/3 a box.  In the future I will use one box of mulit-colored pasta
One green bell pepper
Pepperoni, cut into fourths - I had 15 left, and it needs more!
Ham - honey cured, three deli slices, cut into 1/2 in cubes
Mozzarella cheese - 1.5 handfuls (yes, these are very precise unit's of measure, for me!  What do you call an English "foot"!)

Place all above into a large bowl, add dressing - below


Dressing (very similar to week 15)
1/4+ a little more white wine venegar
2 generous teaspoons sugar
1/8  teaspoon dry mustard/ground mustard (I didn't have dijon and didn't want to go buy some)
1/2 teaspoon Essence (from back a ways)
A few shakes of Penzy's Pizza Seasoning
A few shakes of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
 2 tablespoons canola oil
*put all ingredients in a shakable container, shake til mixed.

Pour dressing over salad, cover bowl and shake, or mix w/ spoon.  Eat!

Would I make this again?  Yup!  Quite delish.  I would make a few amendments, however.  I would use more pepperoni, perhaps cutting out the ham.  I would use fun colored noodles, and I would add some sliced black olives.  I think I would also add more than 'a few shakes' of the crushed red pepper, because they are tasty. 







No comments:

Post a Comment