Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jennifer's Week Sixteen Recipe - Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

So, Chad and I have been together for 9 years. One of Chad's favorite foods is pot roast. I had never made a pot roast before... until today. I know, what kind of wife am I?! I figured it can't be too hard, but I wanted to do research (quiet, Chris) to make sure the roast didn't dry out. What should I use as a liquid in the slow cooker? So I found this recipe on the ever-handy allrecipes.com. I used it as a guideline and finally made a pot roast!



Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water (I used beef stock)
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast (I used a 4 pound chuck roast and that was plenty big!)

Directions

  1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
  2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
I seasoned the roast with kosher salt, pepper and rosemary. I then seared it with a bit of olive oil before putting it in the crock pot. After letting it cook for 2 hours on high, I added some onion, baby red potatoes and carrots and turned it down to low for about 4-5 hours.


Would I make it again? Well, Chad has demanded a repeat performance next week.

2 comments:

  1. You know you want to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Research is great! Also, if you want an awesome recipe for mouthwatering ribs in the crockpot, let me know - I'll send you my mom's.

    ReplyDelete