- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 cups red spaghetti sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar hot cherry peppers, drained (I skipped this for Erik's sake)
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken for 5 to 7 minutes, until well browned. Add spaghetti sauce, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, olives, and hot peppers. Stir all together and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add Alfredo sauce, stir until blended, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Spoon over hot, cooked pasta and serve.
Would I make this again? Yep! It was very yummy and was good as leftovers, too! Leftovers were served with fettuccine, but I'm sure any pasta with this dish is just fine. Just adjust the name accordingly.