Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jennifer's Week Twenty-Seven Recipe: Fruit Salsa

So, Tricia had a bonfire last night and I offered to supply some sort of food item to the cause. Hey, I could experiment on more than just my poor husband and son! I did not feel like baking, mainly because of the cookies I made earlier in the week and the fact that later today I will be making a German Chocolate Bundt Cake from scratch for Chad's birthday. Also, I was looking for something that would be refreshing - outside, heat, fire (more heat). Well, fruit is refreshing AND it's good for you! So I found a recipe for a fruit salsa on AllRecipes.com, altered it a bit and then I unnecessarily doubled it. Ah well.



Fruit Salsa (this is the recipe I doubled)

3 kiwis, peeled and diced

2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced

8 ounces raspberries

1 pound strawberries, hulled and diced

1/2 pint blueberries

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 tablespoon brown sugar

3 tablespoons fruit preserves (I used strawberry because that's what we had on hand)


Throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix them together. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with cinnamon sugar chips. (The recipe from allrecipes.com came with a recipe for these chips, however I ran out of time and just bought some cinnamon sugar pita chips which worked out just fine.)


Would I make this again? Yes! Very tasty, although I discovered that I don't have a lot of patience for chopping many, many things into tiny, tiny pieces. Considering that I made so much of it, I have leftovers that will go on waffles or pancakes (per Erin's suggestion) and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment