Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jennifer's Week Six Recipe: Hoth Chocolate

Yes, my recipe is a bit late, but due to a funeral out of state and the nastiest cold to ever invade my body, I'm a bit behind with getting a recipe up. Do not fret, there shall be two for week seven!

This week's entry comes from The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookiee Cookies and Other Galactic Recipes. Yes, this is technically a children's cookbook. (Remember that as you read the directions.) It even has a sequel that I have yet to acquire! If there is one thing this blog is doing, it's getting me to go through all of my cookbooks that have just been sitting around looking nice on a shelf.


Hoth Chocolate

1 cup milk
2 heaping teaspoons sugar
1 heaping teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
small marshmallows (optional)

1. Pour the milk into a small saucepan. Add sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla to the milk. Stir vigorously with a whisk until the sugar and cocoa dissolve.

2. Place the pan on the stove and switch on the heat to medium. Watch for tiny bubbles to appear along the edge of the pan, then immediately remove the pan from the heat.

3. Carefully pour into the mug and serve immediately with marshmallows, if desires.

Makes 1 serving


Yes, I will make this again. I found it to be quite good and not overwhelmingly sweet like the little packets can be. I have a feeling that Erik will want me to make this very often once he finds out that I can make "real" hot chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You're right, the "real" hot chocolate tastes so much better than the packets. I like the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to substitute in cinnamon sugar when I make this.

    ReplyDelete