Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jennifer's Week Seven Recipe: Wookiee Cookies

Yep, another recipe from The Star Wars Cookbook Remember, it's written for children, so the directions are extremely thorough.


Wookiee Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.

3. Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another bowl. using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes. (You can do this with a wooden spoon, but it will take longer.) Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir with the wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.

4. Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet. Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.

5. Using pot holders, put the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. (7 in my stupid oven)

6. Again, using pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven. Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula, and place on cooling racks. Let cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


Yes, I will make these again. They were very yummy. I cut back on the chips, using all over 2/3 cup of each. Next time I may cut back a bit on the cinnamon since it seemed to overwhelm the chocolate just a bit. I do want them out of my house; I keep eating them.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I hadn't given up sweets for Lent. Well, they'll be just that much tastier when I do try them. I love the addition of cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete