I saw this recipe at Pillsbury.com and thought to myself: Hrm - two foods I love: Breakfast and Pizza! I have no idea if pepperoni are good in eggs, I've never tried it...let's make this. The original recipe can be found here. I decided to change up the spices, and not add any onion.
1 can pillsbury crescent recipe creations - seamless
pepperoni slices (48 from the original recipe is Not Enough)
1 cup whipping cream
1 chopped green pepper
1.5 cups chredded mozzarella cheese (I did not measure, about two handfuls is what I used)
.5 teaspoons Penzey's Italian Herb mix
.5 teaspoons Essence (from weeks 9 and 10)
.5 teaspoons Penzey's Pizza Seasoning
1. Heat oven to 300, unroll dough into bottom of ungreased 13x9 in. pan (I used Pyrex). Top w/ pepperoni. Recipe calls for 24, I think I used about 30ish
2. In medium bowl whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings til well blended
3. In saucepan use oil or butter and cook bell pepper until that crisp/tender stage.
4. Add pepper to eggs and pour over pepperoni in pan.
5. Sprinkle cheese and add 24 more pepperoni (24 worked here).
6. Bake 35-45 minutes until edges are golden and center is set. Cool 5 minutes.
You have the option of serving with pizza sauce.
Would I make this again? Yes I would. Trevor enjoyed it, and usually Quiche is not of his liking - texture, I think. I would also like to try a version that included spicy italian sausage, peppers, and mushrooms, and perhaps a vegetarian spinach and roma tomato one, too! Easy to put together after climbing, when one's fingers don't work well, and reasonably fast to bake :)