Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tricia's Week 46 recipe: Mediterranean Pepper Pot

This recipe was supposed to be a recipe made in the crock pot.  I found it in my crock pot cookbook.  But then, I ran out of time to put it in the crock pot in the morning, so made it in a skillet instead.  Served over rice.

Mediterranean Pepper Pot
1 lb hot italian sausage
1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium yellow bell pepper
1 medium green bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
enough water to keep it moist while it simmers and thinks about itself (if crock pot 1.5 cups)
1/2 cup to 1 cup marinara sauce (I used this instead of the ketchup called for in the recipe)

Brown sausage.  Add all other ingredients, and simmer 30 minutes.  Simmer water down until it's almost gone.  Add marinara at the end and serve over rice

I would love to try this in the crock pot, I bet it turns into an almost stew.  I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment