Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Chris's Week Forty-Seven Recipe: Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix

Ol' Man Winter is back... and he's not in a good mood. Weather like this requires hot chocolate, and since I had some powdered goat's milk leftover from making bath soak (recipe on request!) I decided to make hot chocolate mix. Alton Brown was able to get me started; here's my version:

Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix

1 c powdered sugar
1/2 c Dutch processed cocoa
1-1/4 c powdered milk
1/2 t salt
1 t cornstarch
1-1/2 t cinnamon (I used Penzey's Ceylon cinnamon)
1/2 t nutmeg

Put all the ingredients into a 2 quart canning jar, screw the lid on tightly, and shake. (This is good exercise!)

To make a mug of cocoa, fill the mug 1/3 of the way full. Pour boiling water over just to cover and mix thoroughly. When you've got a good slurry, add the rest of the water and mix some more!

Would I make this recipe again? Take that Ol' Man Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment