Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tricia's Week 36 Recipe: Pizza Tacos

I was in a bit of a conundrum.  I had left-over pizza sauce, left over italian sausage (from making sausage for pizza), and a jalepeno and bell pepper from the garden.  I took a look around my house and found enough ingredients to try making pizza tacos.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb mild italian sausage
1 jalepeno
1 bell pepper (red in this case)
crushed red pepper and Essence seasoning, to taste
left-over pizza sauce (about 1 tbsp per taco)
shredded sharp cheddar and jalepeno-jack cheeses
soft taco shells (could use hard shells, but we only had soft)

Directions:
Brown sausage with seasonings in pan.  When close to done, add chopped up jalepeno and bell pepper.  Drain meat.  Meanwhile, warm soft shells in microwave.  Also warm pizza sauce.  Place shell on plate, add pizza sauce to bottom as though making pizza.  Spoon on meat mixture, top with cheeses.  Roll and enjoy! 

A very easy recipe, but surprisingly yummy! I don't know if I'd go out of my way to make it again, but it was a great way to use up the leftovers in a way I haven't tried before.  

Now I just have to find something to do with the 15 tomatoes, 12 jalapenos,  2 bell peppers, random zucchinis and cucumbers that are left in my garden.  I think I feel some salsa coming on!

1 comment:

  1. I am also willing to take some veggies off your hands if you cannot find a use for all of them.

    Your recipe reminds me of Spaghetti Tacos from a show the Erik watches. I've been tempted to make them just to see what Erik would say.

    ReplyDelete