Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tricia's Week 51 Recipe: Fudge

I have never made a 'candy'.  Well, I guess if you count the sugar 'crystals' we grew in science, or the lollipops we made in chemistry class, I've made a few.  But never any in MY kitchen.  So, i decided to make fudge.  I picked up a 7 oz container of marshmallow fluff, some evaporated milk, and away I went.


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 stick butter or margarine
  • 1 5 oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
  • 1 Jar (7 1/2oz) Marshmallow Fluff
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate pieces (I shaved 12 oz of Bakers chocolate instead of using morsels)
Directions:
Line a 9X9 baking pan with foil.  (I didn't have one, so I used 8X8 which makes VERY thick fudge...) Combine first four ingredients in a sauce pan and heat til boiling and about 230 degrees.  If, like me, you don't own a candy thermometer, this took about 5 minutes once a slight boil started.  Stir constantly. Remove from heat, add fluff, vanilla and chocolate.  Stir til smooth, pour into foil lined pan and chill til set. 

I have never made fudge before, and am not an expert on fudge, but everyone I talk to says this is very good fudge, so I must have done something right.  Now, to do something about the VERY large quantity it makes...I'll have to bring some to work. 

1 comment:

  1. You can also just pour it onto a buttered dinner plate,aiming for the middle. Then it looks like a fudge record. I also like to add mini marshmallows into mine after it cools just a bit.

    ReplyDelete