Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chris's Week Forty-Nine Recipe: Chick Pea & Tomato Curry Bites

This recipe is Tricia's fault.

Really it is! She's the one who introduced me to Tasty Bite Indian entrees. Why, I thought, couldn't I make some quick-serve meals of my own?

Chick Pea & Tomato Curry Bites

In a large saucepan, saute:

2 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped fine
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped fine

Add:

28 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
25 oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1/2 t ground cumin
3/4 t ground turmeric
6 shakes Penzey's Black & Red (or more if you want spicy!)

Simmer for at least 1/2 an hour to let the flavors marry. Cool and scoop into freezer bags. At about 1-1/2 c per bag, this makes three quick meal pouches. Freeze and pull out when you need something tasty and nutritious to eat!

Would I make this recipe again? The formulation needs work, but I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment